A call alert invitation.
You receive a call invitation from your manager, William. He wants to discuss the launch date for the ad campaign. You take his call and finalize the launch date.
When you receive an audio call from any of your contacts, a call alert invitation appears in the lower-right corner of your computer screen. You can choose to accept the call, ignore the call, or redirect the call to another number.
- To accept an incoming call, click the contact's name in the call alert invitation that appears.
- To ignore a call, click the Ignore Call button in the call alert invitation.
- To redirect a call, click the Redirect arrow in the call alert invitation, and then select an alternate number or voice mail.
Note If you are not able to accept the call, the call will be automatically redirected to your voice mail.
There may be times when you cannot accept an audio call. At such times, you can respond to the call with an instant message. To respond to an audio call with an instant message, do the following:
- On the call alert invitation, click the Redirect arrow.
- In the drop-down list, click Send an Instant Message. This displays the Conversation window.
- Type your message. and then either click the Send button or just press ENTER.