Call forwarding options.
Your ad is about to be released in the market. You have a meeting scheduled with William to discuss the details about the launch. Just as you are about to step out for the meeting, you receive a call alert invitation on Communicator 2007 from Wilson, who is a member of the media team, asking for clarifications on the ad distribution. You want to talk to Wilson, but do not want to keep William waiting at the meeting. Therefore, you forward Wilson's call to your mobile phone so that you can talk to him while you are on your way to the meeting.
Communicator 2007 offers the flexibility of forwarding audio calls to an alternate phone number, such as a mobile phone, hotel phone, or home phone. You can also forward your calls to your voice mail or to another contact.
To forward a call to your voice mail, another person, or a different phone number, do the following:
- In the Communicator window, click the Call forwarding button located in the upper-right corner and select the Forward Calls To option. This option displays a submenu.
- In the submenu, do one of the following:
- Click the Voice Mail option to forward all incoming calls automatically to your voice mail.
- Click a phone number to automatically forward calls to the selected number.
- Click the New Number option to enter a new number to forward a call.
- Click the Contact option, and then select a contact to forward the call to that contact.
Note If you are unable to accept the call, the call will be automatically redirected to your voice mail.
To ring another number when your preferred device rings, do the following:
- In the Communicator window, click the Call forwarding button and select the Simultaneously Ring Additional Number option. This choice displays a submenu.
- Do one of the following:
- Click a phone number to forward calls to that number automatically.
- Click New Number to enter a new number to which you want to forward the call.