You and your colleague are explaining the organization's leave and medical policies to the new hires. During the discussion, the new hires pose several questions about these policies. To end the meeting on time, you ask the attendees to use the Q&A feature to post their questions. The Q&A feature helps you organize, sort, manage, and respond to questions quickly.
You can use the Question Manager to review and respond to attendees' questions. The Question Manager identifies each question by the name of the person who raised it and by the time it was posted.
In Live Meeting, all questions and answers are saved in a log file. In the Live Meeting service, the question and answer log can be saved by the presenter as a report in HTML or text file format for future reference.
Attendees can get their questions to the presenter by following these steps:
- Click the Q&A menu. This displays the Q&A pane.
- Type the question in the text area, and then click Ask. This adds your question to the question queue. The presenter can view the number of unanswered questions in the Q&A pane header.
Note You can indicate to the presenter that you have a question by using the Raise your hand icon.
To answer a question asked by the attendee, you, as a presenter, need to do the following:
- In the Q&A pane, click Manage and select the question that you want to answer.
- Type the answer in the space given, and then click Reply to All. This sends your response to all the attendees in the Q&A pane.
Note You can send a private reply to the attendee who asked the question by using the Reply Privately option.
- To seek any clarifications or input about an attendee's query, click Manage, select the attendee, and then click Give the Floor. This displays the You have the floor window to the selected attendee. The attendee can enter a response in the You have the floor window. The responses entered in the You have the floor window are visible to all the attendees.
Note To take back control from the attendee, click Take the Floor. This option is visible only if you have given the floor to an attendee.
- The attendee can provide the required input on the question in the You have the floor window. To submit the input, the attendee clicks Post and then clicks Done.
To manage the questions and answers, do the following:
- To delete any question, click Manage, and then click Dismiss the Question.
- Using the Live Meeting service, you can view or delete the complete question and answer session. To view the log, click View the Q&A log. To delete the log, click Clear the Q&A log.
Note The options to manage the questions and answers are available only to the presenter.