As you use templates downloaded from Microsoft Office Online, you can discover and master powerful Microsoft Office system features by using the template help and Office program articles displayed in the help window. When displayed, template help can tell you what features are used in the template that you just downloaded. It can also tell you how to use those features to get the results you want, and it can point the way to other helpful resources (such as training, similar templates, useful Web sites, and more).
For Office 2003 users
To display the Template help window when you download a template
- In either Microsoft Office Word 2003 or Microsoft Office Excel 2003, click Options on the Tools menu.
- On the General tab, click the Service Options button.
- Click Online Content in the Category pane, and then check the Show Template Help automatically when available check box.
Note The Template help window is available in Microsoft Office Word 2003, Microsoft Office Excel 2003, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003.
- Save your settings.
For Office 2007 users
To display the Template help window in Word 2007, Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, and Office Access 2007 when you download a template
- Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click the Application Options button at the bottom of the menu.
- In the Options dialog box, click Resources in the left column, and then click the Register button.
To display template help in Visio 2007 when you download a template
- On the Tools menu, click Trust Center.
- In the Trust Center dialog box, click Privacy Options in the left column, and then select the Search Microsoft Office Online for Help content when I'm connected to the Internet check box.
Note Template help is available in the following 2007 Microsoft Office system products: Word 2007, Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Office Access 2007, and Visio 2007.
Note After you have turned on template help for these Microsoft Office programs, it will be displayed automatically whenever you download a template from Microsoft Office Online. Also, when you press F1 or select a menu option to access help from within these programs, template help will be displayed in the Help window for documents that are based on Microsoft Office Online templates.