To access Office files that are saved on your computer from your iPad, upload the files to OneDrive or a team site, or send yourself email attachments and open them on your iPad.
Upload files to OneDrive or a team site
- On your computer, open your web browser and go to your OneDrive or Office 365 team site.
- Upload your file.
- On your iPad, tap Account to sign in to the app. If you’ve already signed in, tap Open, tap the service you saved the file to, and find the file.
If you have a file open, tap Back first.
Open email attachments
To open Word, Excel, and PowerPoint attachments, do the following:
- On your iPad, open the Mail app and find the email with the attachment. You’ll find attachments at the bottom of the email message. You may have to tap the attachment once to download it.
- Tap and hold the attachment until a menu appears.
- Find the Open in… icon on the menu and tap to open your file in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.