Instead of creating a list using plain, bulleted text, you can create eye-catching lists using SmartArt graphics − in just few clicks.
A plain, bulleted list compared to a SmartArt list (Pyramid List).
- On the Insert tab, click SmartArt.
- In the Choose a SmartArt Graphic gallery, click List, and then choose a list layout. For example:
- Vertical Bullet List
- Horizontal Bullet List
- Trapezoid List
- Click the layout that you want, and then click OK.
- Click [Text], and then type your text.
Add another shape to your list
- Right-click an existing shape in the SmartArt graphic.
- Click Add Shape.
Note If Add Shape is grayed out, try clicking a different part of the shape.
- Do one of the following:
- To insert another shape before the selected shape, click Add Shape Before.
- To add another shape after the selected shape, click Add Shape After.
For example, I clicked Add Shape After, and a fourth shape was added below the third shape.
Tip You can click a shape that you no longer want, and then press Delete.
Apply a 3-D effect or other style to your list
To add flair to your SmartArt list, apply a style by clicking the More button and picking the SmartArt Style that you want.
Do more with your SmartArt graphics list: