The Enterprise Learning Framework (ELF) is a tool that helps enterprises develop a training and communication plan for employees during deployment of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. The ELF identifies the most relevant learning topics on Microsoft Office Online for different stages of deployment and different types of users.*
The Enterprise Learning Framework was developed in response to requests from corporate customers for help with deployment. With the Enterprise Learning Framework you can:
- Minimize concern by preparing employees before deployment and raising awareness of the benefits of the new Office products.
- Minimize disruption on deployment day by getting employees quickly up to speed with a short list of "must-know" topics.
- Gain productivity quickly by identifying the most important learning topics as employees continue to use the 2007 Office release. New topics are added as they become available on Office Online.
Who should use the Enterprise Learning Framework tool?
The ELF is a tool for people in, or associated with, corporate IT departments who are responsible for training end users when desktop products such as the 2007 Office system are deployed. While roles vary by organization, typical titles may be desktop deployment lead, training manager, or communications manager.
You can use the ELF in several ways; for example:
- As part of your deployment communication and training plan. Select the time frame (for example, a month before deployment, or the day of deployment) and category of employee (for example, information workers) and then generate a sample e-mail message with topic recommendations for your employees.
- To identify a few key learning topics for a particular area, such as the new user interface for certain Office programs.
How it works
The Enterprise Learning Framework currently includes learning topics for end users of the 2007 Office release. Based on the criteria you provide, the ELF identifies a selected set of topics from Office Online that are relevant for several categories of users at specific stages of development. You are given a list of recommended topics with URL links to Office Online. The ELF will build a sample employee e-mail message that you can modify or use as is.
Note The ELF is not designed to train technical employees in deployment. Also, there are no technical or troubleshooting topics in the ELF. However, the ELF does include an IT support option that ensures that the support staff will get an early look at the same topics employees will see.
- Before you generate a sample e-mail message, make sure only the topics that are relevant to your employees are selected.
- If you are interested in just one feature, such as "What's new," select only that feature on the third options page of "Get recommended topics."
Please give feedback
The ELF is a new tool, so we're interested in your feedback and ideas. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Enterprise Learning Framework is part of the Microsoft Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD), which is available on Microsoft TechNet. The ELF also helps corporations with training and communication for Windows Vista and can identify relevant learning topics on Windows Online Help and Support.