Use the Important Messages app to get out timely and important notifications across your site. The app allows content authors to easily add and categorize important messages within a SharePoint list.
Content authors can easily add message content, define applicable start and end dates for when the message should appear and expire, and customize the background and font colors for how they wish the message to appear. When messages expire, message content is automatically removed from the pages where the app has been added.
• Get important messages out on your site
• Schedule start and end dates to automatically control when message content appears
• Customize message appearance with the ability to specify font and background shading colors as well as message category icons
• Specify start and end dates to control when the message is visible to site users
• Customize the font color and background shading color of each message
• Specify the available message type categories
• Utilize the included message category icons or supply your own
• Display multiple messages simultaneously
• Automatic content refresh — Each app part instance on a page can have a number of seconds defined for automatic refresh intervals (by default it is zero, which means no auto refresh). Once turned on the message content will automatically update itself on that defined interval for close to real time messaging.