Harmon.ie for SharePoint is actually one of the more robust apps available for the Outlook Web App. It offers access to SharePoint content without the loss of any features, and integrates with your email client so you can access your SharePoint documents and communicate with your coworkers in the Sharepoint space, but without having to leave your email client. Once the app is installed, the step to add a SharePoint site can be a bit clunky, but once added it’s easy to find your SharePoint documents and subsites. You can use the app to search for a specific document (a very nice feature notably absent in other SharePoint-based apps) and to connect with your colleagues and follow their related updates. This app will be most appealing to those who work remotely and on mobile devices such as the Surface, or anyone who frequently utilizes Outlook Web App to access their work email. It’s recommended that new users click the link below to the developer’s website for more detailed information about this app and its capabilities.
harmon.ie® for SharePoint - Outlook 15 Edition an Outlook® ‘social email’ contextual widget that drives document and social adoption of SharePoint without changing user behavior, by providing every business user easy, full-featured access to SharePoint from the convenience of the email web client.
Note: SharePoint Online support will be available soon!
• Eliminates document chaos - Access to SharePoint documents from Outlook.
• Prevents data leakage - Email recipients can only open documents for which they are authorized in SharePoint, because users send links to SharePoint documents, not attachments.
• Reduces email storage requirements – Using links instead of attachments reduces email storage on local servers or with Office 365.
• Boosts productivity significantly – Business users perform typical SharePoint tasks 6 times faster.
Document and email sharing
• Share documents easily – When sending email attachments, harmon.ie prompts users to upload the document to SharePoint and send a link instead, so users do not have to change work habits to adopt SharePoint.
• Publish attachments to SharePoint from Outlook 15 to the harmon.ie app.
• (Coming soon) Save emails to SharePoint. Email headers are automatically saved as SharePoint metadata and mapped to SharePoint columns.