This app may be installed on an Office 365 “For Business” site or any SharePoint installation that is running SharePoint 2013 with Access Services turned on.
The Computer Asset Management System lets the hardware administrator or manager to quickly create an application that allows the end user to enter and update their assigned computer hardware. The admin controls what different types and models of hardware the user can select to provide simplified and consistent data entry. The end user simply select types a few characters from the name or model of the item they wish to enter, then enters a few optional details such as serial number, asset tag, OS and installed memory.
Once the users have entered their assets, the administrator will then have a central location to manage company’s or department’s computer hardware. Some of the features included in Computer Asset Management are:
• Search by serial number/service tag
• View hardware by status
• See inactive user that are still assigned hardware
• View hardware with unsupported Operating Systems
• Browse hardware by type
• Browse hardware by department
• Audit of user that have not updated their assets after a given date
• History of who has been assign a given asset