You can add your account to other computers on which the Groove software is installed, and your workspaces will be synchronized across your computers. As a guideline, it is strongly recommended that you add your account to no more than five computers.
Note Your Groove administrator may have set policies for your account that restrict you from adding it to other computers.
To add your account to another computer, you must do the following tasks:
- Save your account file, and make it available for use on the other computer.
To make the account file available on another computer, you might send it to yourself as a file attachment, or save it to a network drive to which you have access.
Note It is especially important to remember your log-in password when you add your account to another computer. For security reasons, you will be unable to display any password hint you set with your account. You will need to reset your password hint on all computers on which you add your account.
- Run the account configuration wizard on the other computer, and select the saved account file.
Saving your account file
- On the File menu, click Use Account on Another Computer.
- Follow the instructions for saving your account to a file.
- Click OK.
Adding your account on another computer
Once you have saved your account file and made the file available on another computer, you can use the Account Configuration Wizard to add your account on the other computer.
- Install and start Groove.
- In the Account Configuration Wizard, click Use a Groove Account you have already created.
- Click Add My Account.
- Select an option for adding your account.
- Click I saved my account to a file if you have local access to your account file. Click the Browse button, navigate to the location where you placed the saved account file and click Open.
- Click I e-mailed my account file to myself if the saved account file is in your e-mail program's inbox. If this is the case, click Finish, go to your email, and double-click the .grv file attached to the e-mail.
The Groove Login window should now display allowing you to log in to your account. Once you log in, you can proceed to download your workspace data.