You can save a Groove workspace as a template file (in compressed .gsa format) to use as the basis for creating new workspaces. The saved template file preserves the following workspace features:
- The collection of tools and custom tool names (if any).
- The workspace name.
- (Optional): The contents in all tools.
- (Optional): The list of members in the workspace.
Note You cannot save a SharePoint workspace or a shared folder as a template.
To save a Groove workspace as a template file, do the following:
- On the File tab, click Save & Send, and then click Workspace as Template.
- Select a path and filename in the Save As dialog box or accept the default location, and click Save.
Tip If you accept the default location (the Groove Workspace Templates folder in My Documents), the workspace template file will display in the file list when you create a new workspace from a template.
- Optional but recommended: Set a password to protect the archive content.
- Click OK.
The workspace is saved as workspace name.gsa.