To log in to Groove:
- Click the Groove icon in the Windows notification area and then click Open Groove.
- If you log in using a password, enter your password and click Login.
- If you log in using a smart card certificate, click Login.
Logging off from Groove
Logging off from Groove clears private user information and requires re-entering your Groove log-in password before you (or anyone else) can view your data.
To log off Groove, do one of the following:
- On the File menu, click Log Off Account.
- Click the Groove icon in the Windows notification area and then click Log Off Account.
The Groove icon appears grayed to indicate that your account is currently logged off:
When you log off your account (or exit from Groove), you may get a temporary file warning.
Groove creates temporary files on your computer when you open a file from another application through Groove. If you log off or shut down Groove before closing these files, Groove prompts you to decide what to do about them. You can do any of the following:
- Delete the temporary files by closing the application and clicking Retry in the warning message box.
- Click Cancel to ignore and close the warning message and leave existing temporary files in their current disk location. Groove will delete these temporary files the next time you log on.
To exit Groove and log off all accounts, click the Groove icon in the Windows notification area and then click Exit.