You can create a variety of new workspaces using the Create New Workspace dialog box. You can also create a new workspace from a template or create a new workspace from an archive.
Note For detailed instructions on creating a file sharing workspace, see Creating a file sharing workspace.
To create a new workspace:
- On the File menu in the Launchbar or the Groove Workspace Explorer, point to New and then click Workspace...
- Name the workspace.
- Select a workspace type.
Read the description of the selected workspace type to see details about its contents and purpose. The Templates drop-down list includes a "Custom" option in which you can select the initial tools you want in the workspace. The Templates drop-down also may include other workspace templates.
- To see additional workspace options, click Options. Note that the Options button is available only if you have multiple identities in your Groove account.
- Invitees Need At Least.Select the Groove version that all invitees must have to join this workspace. You might select an earlier version if you know that at least one intended invitee is running the earlier version. Some workspace tools require members to be running at least a certain Groove version.
- Your Identity In Workspace. If you have more than one identity in your Groove account, select the identity you want to use in this workspace.
Groove creates the workspace and lists you as the initial member with the role of Manager. You can now customize the workspace components and send workspace invitations.
Creating a new workspace from a template
If you've saved an existing workspace as a template or have access to workspace templates created by others, you can use these as the basis for new workspaces.
If the workspace template is stored in the Groove Workspace Templates folder in My Documents (the default location), you can select it in the Template drop-down menu in the Create New Workspace dialog box.
If the workspace template is stored in a different folder, you can select it to create a new workspace as follows:
- On the File menu, point to New and then click Workspace From, and then Template...
- In the Browse dialog box, browse to the workspace template file you want and click Open.