SkyDrive Pro is your professional library—the place to keep your work documents and other files. You can think of SkyDrive Pro as your SkyDrive for business. When you store your files on SkyDrive Pro, only you can see them, but you can easily share them with co-workers and access them from your mobile devices. Your files are safely kept in the cloud with SharePoint Online or on your company’s SharePoint Server 2013 servers, depending on what your company has set up.
SkyDrive Pro lets you:
- Store and organize your private documents and other files in a secure location in the cloud or on your company’s SharePoint servers.
- Share files and folders with other people in your organization and give them permission to review or edit the content.
- Synchronize files and folders in your SkyDrive Pro and other SharePoint libraries with your computer or mobile devices, so you can access your content offline.
Note In the header or elsewhere on your SharePoint or Office 365 site, you may see the term SkyDrive used as an abbreviation of SkyDrive Pro.
About the SkyDrive Pro library
A SkyDrive Pro library is made available to you as a service through your organization’s Office 365 or SharePoint Online account, or through its installation of SharePoint 2013. You organize and store your documents and other files in your personal SkyDrive Pro library, and from there you can easily share files and collaborate on documents with co-workers in your organization. If you’re signed-in to Office 365, you may also be able to share documents with partners outside of your organization. See your Office administrator for details about whether a SkyDrive Pro library is available to you.
To use your SkyDrive Pro library:
- Click SkyDrive in the header above a SharePoint or Office 365 page and add or work with files and folders in the library from the Quick Launch on the left.
For more information about library space allowances and other aspects of using your SkyDrive Pro library, see Manage your information.
About the SkyDrive Pro client sync application
SkyDrive Pro sync is a client application installed on your local computer, that lets you synchronize online documents in your SkyDrive Pro or other SharePoint library with your local device. The SkyDrive Pro Sync feature is available with Office 365 and SharePoint Online subscriptions and with on-premises SharePoint Server 2013 installations, providing that Office 2013 is also installed on client devices. See your Office administrator for details about whether the Sync feature is available to you.
To use the SkyDrive Pro client application, if it’s on your computer:
- Open your SkyDrive Pro or team site library and click Sync at the top right of the page.
For more information about using the Sync feature, see Sync a library to your computer.
How does SkyDrive Pro differ from SkyDrive?
Here’s the difference:
- SkyDrive is free online storage that provides you with a personal library where you can upload and access files from any of your devices. Download one of the SkyDrive apps and you can easily save your documents, photos, and other files in this library, share them with friends, and even collaborate on content. For more information about using SkyDrive, see Work together on Office documents in SkyDrive.
- SkyDrive Pro provides you with a personal library for business, where you can upload and access documents, photos, and other files from your computer. This SkyDrive Pro library is managed by your organization and from there you can easily share and collaborate on content with co-workers. In addition, with the SkyDrive Pro client application, you can synchronize library files and folders with your local computer.
Note The SkyDrive link at the top of your Office 365 or SharePoint 2013 pages is an abbreviation of SkyDrive Pro. This refers to your SkyDrive Pro library.
For details about using SkyDrive Pro libraries and the SkyDrive Pro client sync application:
Manage your information
Manage document privacy
Manage document versions in your SkyDrive Pro library
Follow documents to track them
See suggested documents to follow
Collaborate on documents
Share sites or documents with people outside your organization
Add a ratings feature to your library
Sync a library to your computer
SkyDrive Pro library space limits
Top of Page