About this course
This course includes:
- Four self-paced lessons.
- A short test at the end of course. The test is not scored.
- A Quick Reference Card you can print at the end of the course.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand how the Document Center site makes it easy to manage a large number of documents.
- Use metadata to find content and navigate large libraries.
- Create and manage multi-document work products using Document Sets.
- Understand how you can manage and use rich media, such as video and audio files, on a SharePoint Server 2010 site.
- Take advantage of SharePoint Server’s rich integration with Office client programs to complete document management tasks within the familiar context of Office client programs.
Before you begin
If you’ve never worked with documents on a SharePoint site before, you might just want to know how to perform basic tasks, such as uploading a document, or checking a document in or out. Start with the article Basic tasks in SharePoint Server 2010.
If you are upgrading from SharePoint Server 2007, and you just want to get productive with the new ribbon interface, consider starting with the training course Make the switch to the new SharePoint 2010 user interface.