If you need to assign licenses for an app to specific users, buy more licenses for an app, add a license manager, or remove or recover an app license, you can do that all on the App License Management page.
You must be a designated License Manager for an app license or an admin (SharePoint Online admin or farm admin) to manage app licenses.
- Go to Settings > Add an app.
- In the navigation on the left, click Manage Licenses.
- Click the app for which you want to manage license information. Or search to find the app you want.
- On the App License Management page, do any of the following:
|To do this:
|Assign licenses to specific users on the site
- Click assign licenses, type the names of the people you want to add, and then click Add User.
|Buy more licenses
- Click Buy, and then follow the steps to log in with your Microsoft account to buy additional licenses.
|Add a License Manager
- Click add manager, type the names of the people you want to add, and then click Add Manager underneath the text box.
Recover a license
When you recover a license, you basically reacquire it from the SharePoint Store. You might need to do this if your license gets out of sync with Office.com or if you are moving the license to a new deployment (for example, in a disaster recovery scenario).
- Under View a purchase, click the arrow next to Actions, and then click Recover license.
- On the Details page for the app in the SharePoint Store, click More Actions, and then click Recover license again.
- When prompted, sign-in with your Microsoft account.
|Remove a license
- Under View a purchase, click the arrow next to Actions and then click Remove this license.
Buy an app from the SharePoint Store
Add an app
Remove an app from a site