SharePoint includes a set of features that enables you to author and publish rich webpages for your intranet or Internet. These features are housed within the SharePoint Publishing Infrastructure and must be activated prior to use. You can activate them at either the site collection or site level.
Note If you created your site or site collection using one of the publishing site templates, the publishing infrastructure is already active and the publishing features ready to use.
Activate publishing at the site collection level
- From the root of your site collection, click (gear icon) Settings > Site settings.
- On the Site Settings page under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features.
- On the Site Features page, scroll down to SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure and click Activate.
Once publishing features are activated, subsites inherit them automatically. But, if you built a site before activating the publishing infrastructure, you’ll have to manually activate it for each site.
Activate publishing at the site level
- From any page within the site, click (gear icon) Settings > Site settings.
- On the Site Settings page, in the Site Actions section, click Manage site features.
- On the Site Features page, next to SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure, click Activate.
Top of Page