To use the Web content management features of spst_oss_12, you need to turn on the Publishing feature on a site. You can then brand the site so that it has your corporate look and feel, and you can enable users to edit the corporate site within the context of the Web. On a site with the Publishing functionality turned on, you can also create a multilingual site by creating a source site and then translating the site into other languages, which you can publish as separate sites.
- On the Site Actions menu , point to Site Settings, and then click Modify All Site Settings.
Note If you do not see additional items when you point to Site Settings, click Site Settings.
- Do one or both of the following:
Enable publishing at the site level
- On the Site Settings page, in the Site Administration section, click Site features.
- Next to Office SharePoint Server Publishing, click Activate.
Enable publishing at the site collection level
- If you are not at the root of your site, under Site Collection Administration, click Go to top level site settings.
- On the Site Settings page, under Site Collection Administration, click Site collection features.
- On the Site Collection Features page, next to Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure, click Activate.