If you are a coordinator on a folder in a backward-compatible document library, you can use the Properties page to change the following folder settings:
- General You can use this tab on the Properties page to enable or disable enhanced folder settings and to view the general properties of the folder.
Note You cannot enable or disable enhanced folder settings for a folder that contains documents. If you want to change this setting, you must first remove all documents from the folder.
- Security You can use this tab of the Properties page to add and remove users, to assign users with roles, and to configure folder security inheritance settings.
- Profiles You can use this tab of the Properties page to select which document profiles to allow in an enhanced folder (standard folders allow all document profile types), and to select the default profile to apply to all documents placed in the folder that do not already have a profile assigned.
- Approval You use this tab on the Properties page only with enhanced folders. You can use this tab to add and remove approvers, select the approval process routing path, and provide comments for the e-mail message sent to approvers that notifies them that a document is awaiting their approval.
Subfolders do not inherit approval routes from parent folders. You must configure these settings separately for each folder. Depending on the inheritance settings on the folder, security settings can be inherited, and the security can change dynamically as the roles on the parent folder change.
Edit folder properties
- Open the Web folder for the backward-compatible document library.
- Open the Documents folder, and then navigate to the folder that you want to configure.
- Right-click the folder that you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- Click the appropriate tab to display the property that you want to edit.
Configure folder inheritance in the backward-compatible document library
Copy or move a folder in the backward-compatible document library
About document management and publishing