Before editing a slide in a Slide Library, you must first create a Slide Library in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and then publish slides to the library. Find more information about creating and adding slides to a Slide Library in the See Also section.
Note You must have Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007installed on your computer before you can edit slides in an Office SharePoint Server 2007 Slide Library. Slide Libraries support only PowerPoint 2007 .pptx files that contain multiple slides or .ppt files that contain just one slide.
Edit a slide in a Slide Library
You can easily edit slides in your Slide Library without having to leave your site. When you edit a slide in a Slide Library, the slide opens in PowerPoint 2007. When you edit a slide and save your changes from within PowerPoint 2007 the edited slide is saved back to your Slide Library.
Tip You can use Versioning to track changes to your slides or to restore a previous version of a slide directly from your Slide Library. To learn more about versioning settings in Office SharePoint Server 2007, see Introduction to versioning.
- On the Quick Launch, click the link for the Slide Library that contains slides that you want to edit.
If the name of your library does not appear, click View All Site Content, and then click the name of your library.
- Click the slide that you want to edit.
- Click Edit Slide to open the slide in PowerPoint 2007.
- Click Edit Presentation in the Message Bar.
- Edit the slide in PowerPoint 2007 as necessary and then click Save. The slide is saved back to the Slide Library on your SharePoint site.
Top of Page