In the Site Directory, you can create sites.
- On the navigation bar, click Sites to go to the Site Directory.
- In the Site Directory, in the Actions section of the action pane, click Create Site.
- On the New SharePoint Site page, in the Title and Description section, type a title and description.
- In the Web Site Address section, in the drop-down box, click Sites or Personal, depending on whether you are creating the site in the Personal Sites folder or the Sites folder, and then type a name for the Site Directory.
- In the Your E-Mail Address section, type the e-mail address that you want Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 to use to send information to you about the site.
- Click Create.
The Add Link to Site page appears.
- On the Add Link to Site page, enter information about the link to this site, and then click OK. For more information, see Add a link to a site.
- On the Template Selection page, click a Template, and then click OK. For more information about the different types of sites, see the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services topic Create a site.
About the Site Directory
Use views in the Site Directory
Search the Site Directory
Add a link to a site