The following procedure outlines how to create a document profile for use with documents stored in a backward-compatible document library.
Create a document profile
- From the network place, in the document library, open the Management folder.
- In the Management folder, open the Document Profiles subfolder.
- Double-click Add Document Profile.
The Add Document Profile Wizard opens.
- On the first page of the wizard, click Next.
- In the Name text box, type a descriptive name for the document profile.
- In the Template dropdown list, select an existing document profile to use as a template.
The Base Document Profile is the default template.
- Click Next.
- Define the properties that make up the fields on the document profile:
To choose the order in which the properties appear on the document profile, select a property, and then use the arrows to move the property up or down in order.
Review the settings for your new document profile and click Finish.
- To select or clear a property to appear on the document profile, click the box next to the property name.
- To add a new property, click New.
- To edit the attributes of an existing property, select the property by clicking the property name, and then click Edit.
When the wizard is complete, the new document profile appears in the Document Profiles folder. The document profile is now available for a coordinator to associate with folders in the workspace. After coordinators associate this document profile with a folder, users can select the document profile from a list when checking in a document or editing the properties of a document.
About document profiles in the backward-compatible document library
About document management and publishing