The option to complete several or all workflow tasks in a list at once (bulk process tasks) is available only for workflows that are designed to support this option, such as workflows that generate a high volume of tasks at once. The Disposition Approval workflow is the only predefined workflow included in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 that supports this option. (The Disposition Approval workflow helps organizations to manage document expiration and retention by allowing participants to decide whether to retain or delete expired documents.)
Note If the option to process tasks in bulk is available for a custom workflow that you are using, the specific options that are available to you may differ from those described in this topic.
Complete multiple Disposition Approval tasks at once
- Open the tasks list for the workflow for which you want to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Note If the workflow does not use the default Tasks list, the workflow task may not appear in the Tasks list. To locate your workflow task, go to the list or library where the workflow item is saved. Point to the item that you want, click the arrow that appears, and then click Workflows. On the Workflow Status page, under Running Workflows, click the name of the workflow in which you are a participant. Under Tasks, locate the workflow task.
- In the tasks list for the workflow, on the Actions menu , click Process all tasks.
- In the Bulk Task Selection section, select the type of task you want to edit in bulk.
- If you applied filters to display a a certain subset of the Disposition Approval tasks in the Tasks list, in the Task Information section, confirm that you have filtered for the tasks that you want.
- Click OK.
- Under Disposition Approval Requested, do any of the following:
- To approve items for disposition, click Delete these items. If you want to retain copies of the metadata for these items, select the Retain copies of the items' metadata in the audit log check box.
- To reject these items for disposition, click Do not delete these items.
- Under Comments, type any comments that you want to provide about your disposition actions.
- Click OK.
- In the Results section, view the results of the bulk task processing operation, and then click OK.
Top of Page