Audience rules use simple queries to include or exclude users from membership in an audience. Each rule includes an operand, operator, and value.
The operand is the user or property you want to include in the query for this rule. The operator indicates how users compared to the value should be queried to include or exclude them from the audience. The value is the point of comparison used by the query.
Note If you select the Member of operator, only users in the group that have a corresponding user profile will be included in the audience.
Add audience rule
- On the View Audience Properties page, in the Audience Rules section, click Add rule.
- On the Add Audience Rule page, click User to add a rule based on distribution list membership, security group, or reporting structure, or click Property to create a rule based on a user property.
- If you clicked Property, click the relevant property in the drop-down list.
- In the Operator drop-down list, click an operator to indicate how you want to compare the user or property with a given value.
- In the Value drop-down list, type a value to which to compare the user or property selected for this rule.
- Click OK.
Edit audience rule
- On the View Audience Properties page, click the audience rule.
- Click User to base the rule on distribution list membership, security group, or reporting structure, or click Property to base the rule on a user property.
- To change the property to include in the query for this rule, click the new property from the drop-down list.
- To change the operator you use to compare the user or property for this rule, click the new operator from the Operator drop-down list.
- To change the value to which you compare the user or property for this rule, type the new value in the Value drop-down list.
- Click OK.
Managing Audience Rules
Deleting Audience Rules
Viewing Audience Membership