The Site Directory contains links to all the sites created by using Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003. Those links are added when the sites are created. In the Site Directory, you can also add links to existing sites.
- On the navigation bar, click Sites to go to the Site Directory.
- In the Site Directory, in the Actions list, click Add Link to Site.
- On the Add Link to Site page, in the Site Link section, type a title and URL for the site.
- You can also type a description and owner for the site, or mark the site as a Spotlight Site by selecting the Spotlight Site check box.
Note You might be able to enter other properties in the Site Link section, depending on how the Site Directory is configured. Enter as much information as you can for these other properties. For more information, see Use views in the Site Directory.
- In the Search Results section, select the Include in search results check box if you want this site to appear in search results.
- In the Areas section, click Change Location to display the listing in a different portal area or to select additional areas for the listing.
- On the Change Location page, select one or more areas in which to display this listing and clear any that you do not want.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
About the Site Directory
Use views in the Site Directory
Search the Site Directory
Create a site