You can search for people, documents, or other items on the portal site by typing words in the search box located under the navigation bar.
After you type words into the search box and click the search button with the green arrow, a list of search results appears. These search results can be organized into different views:
- By Site Items are organized under headings by the site in which they appear, and are then sorted by relevance.
- Simple List Items are not organized into groups, and are sorted by relevance.
- By Author Items are organized in groups under headings by author with the most relevant author groups first, and then sorted by relevance.
- By Date Items are organized under headings by the date on which they were last modified, and then sorted by relevance.
- By Area Items are organized under area headings, and then sorted by relevance.
You can collapse groups of items so that only the headings of the groups appear.
From the search results page, you can add a specific search to the My Links section of your personalized My Site. You can also ask to be alerted when changes occur to the results for a specific search.
For more control over search results, you can switch to advanced search from the search results page or by clicking the magnifying glass icon next to the search box on any page. You can use advanced search to search by properties of items, sort results by factors other than relevance, and set other advanced search options.
Note Your search results contain only those items for which you have the appropriate rights. If you do not have rights to read an item, that item does not appear in search results.
Use simple search
Use advanced search
About My Site