SharePoint Online global administrators use the SharePoint Online Management Shell to remotely manage site collections, upgrade site collections to a new version, configure SharePoint Online company-level settings, and get logs from data connections between SharePoint Online and other services through Business Connectivity Services.
To set up the SharePoint Online Management Shell environment, follow these steps:
- Install Windows Management Framework 3.0.
- Install SharePoint Online Management Shell.
- From the Start button, choose All Programs, and then select SharePoint Online Management Shell.
- Run Connect-SPOService. For example, type this command at the prompt:
Connect-SPOService -Url https://contoso-admin.sharepoint.com -credential firstname.lastname@example.org, where
- URL is the URL of the SharePoint Online Administration Center
- Credential is the user name to which you want to grant access to the SharePoint Online Administration Center site.
- Try it out! Run Get-SPOSite to get a list of all the sites.
Top of Page