In the Term Store Management Tool, a group is a set of term sets that all share common security requirements. Only users who are designated as Contributors to a specific group can manage term sets that belong to the group or create new term sets within it. Organizations should create unique groups for term sets that will have unique access or security needs. For information about how to create a term set, see Set up a new term set.
Important To create a new term set group, you must be a Term Store Administrator
To set up a new group for term sets, follow these steps
- .Open the Term Store management tool.
- In the tree view pane, select the taxonomy. Then point to it, click the arrow that appears, and then click New Group.
- Type a name for your new group, and then press ENTER.
- In the Properties pane, type a description for the group.
In the Group Managers box, type the names of the people that you want to add. You can also click the Browse button to find and add users.
In the Contributors box, type the names of people that you want to add. You can also click the Browse button to find and add users.
- Click Save.
Note To delete a group, point to the group, click the arrow that appears, and then click Delete Group. Only empty groups can be deleted.
Top of Page
Open the Term Store management tool
To open the Term Store management tool, select the SharePoint environment that you use, and then follow the steps.
In SharePoint Online
- Go to the SharePoint Online Administration Center.
- Click Manage Term Store.
In SharePoint Server
- From the site collection Home page, click Site Contents
- On the Site Contents page, click Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, in the Site Administration group, click Term store management.
After you open the Term Store management tool, you can create a group for term sets.
Top of Page