In Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 , you can add a file to a page. The file is uploaded to the site library or location of your choice. Users can open the file directly from a link that displays on the page where you added the file.
What do you want to do?
Upload a file to a page
- From the page where you want to upload the file, in the ribbon, click the Page tab, and then click the Edit command.
Note If the Edit command is disabled, you may not have the permissions to edit the page. Contact your administrator.
- Click on the page where you want to upload the file, click the Insert tab, and then click Upload File.
- In the Upload Document dialog box, type the name of the file you want to upload, or click Browse to browse to the file.
- Click the down arrow in the Upload to: textbox, select the location where you want to store the file, and then click OK.
- In the Content Organizer dialog box, enter the required properties for the file, and then click Submit. A link to the file will display on the page. However, you must exit Edit mode before you can open the file.
- To exit Edit mode, click the Page tab, and then click Save.
Top of Page
Delete a file from a page
- From the page where you want to delete the file, in the ribbon, click the Page tab, and then click the Edit command.
- Click the file you want to delete, and then in the ribbon, under Link Tools, click Format.
- On the Format tab, click Remove Link, and then select the file name and press DELETE.
Top of Page