Use the options in the Page Setup dialog box to modify page size for your current publication. To create a re-usable custom page size, use the Create New Page Size dialog found in the Size button on the Page Design Ribbon tab.
Note If you are creating a page size for a publication type that Publisher does not contain — for example, a 2-by-4-inch ticket — you will get the best results by starting with a publication type that is a similar size — for example, a business card — and then creating a page size that has the dimensions of the ticket you want.
To open the Page Setup dialog:
- Select the Page Design tab.
- Click the Page Setup dialog launcher.
Width Enter the width of the page
Height Enter the height of the page.
Margin guides set the amount of space between the edges of the pages in your publication.
Note There is a limit to the area of a sheet of paper that can be printed on by your printer. Many printers do not print to the edge of the paper, regardless of how wide you set your margins. When you set your margins and create your page, you must make sure that the content that you want to print remains within the printable area for your specific printer.
Top Enter the amount of space that you want between the top edge of the page and the publication. .
Left Enter the amount of space that you want between the left edge of the page and the publication.
Note If you select Booklet as the layout type, the name changes to Outside.
Bottom Enter the amount of space you want between the bottom edge of the page and the publication.
Right Enter the amount of space you want between the right edge of the page and the publication.
Note If you select Booklet as the layout type, the name changes to Inside.
Any portion of the publication that is outside the page size dimensions will not be printed.
Top of Page
One page per sheet This will print one page of your publication on one sheet of paper. The Preview window will show you how the page fits on the sheet.
Booklet This will set your publication to a booklet design. The margin guide labels will change so that Left becomes Outside, and Right becomes Inside to reflect their positions in the booklet. Booklets are typically printed of sheets of paper that are then folded to create the booklet.
E-mail This will set your publication’s page design for e-mail.
Envelope This will set your publication for a standard 9.5”x4.125” envelope. You can change these dimensions using the Width and Height settings in the Page section of this dialog.
Folded card This layout type is for creating greeting and other cards by printing pages on a sheet and then folding the sheet to make the card. If you choose the Folded card layout, then sheet fold options are displayed. Select an option in the list to specify how you will fold your publication:
- Quarter-sheet side fold Each page of your publication will be printed on the same sheet of paper. The finished card will have a fold along one side.
- Quarter-sheet top fold Each page of your publication will be printed on the same sheet of paper. The finished card will have a fold along the top.
- Half-sheet side fold Two pages of your publication will be printed vertically on the same side of a sheet of paper.
- Half-sheet top fold Two pages of your publication will be printed horizontally on the same side of a sheet of paper.
Multiple pages per sheet This will print more than one page on each sheet of paper. If you select Multiple pages per sheet as the layout type, target sheet options are displayed.
- Target paper size Click one of the following options: Letter or A4. If you are printing on a different size of paper, select Custom, and then enter the following dimensions:
- Paper width Enter the width of the sheet of paper.
- Paper height Enter the height of the sheet of paper.
- Side margin Enter the space between the group of multiple copies and the left and right edges of the sheet.
- Top margin Enter the space between the group of multiple copies and the top edge of the sheet.
- Horizontal gap Enter the space between the columns of multiple copies. For example, if you have two columns of business cards, changing this option will change the space between the columns.
- Vertical gap Enter the space between each row of multiple copies. For example, if you have four rows of business cards, the horizontal space between the rows of business cards will change.
The Preview window shows the layout type and any margins that you select. The sheet's dimensions are displayed as the black line inside the white rectangle. The margin guides (margin guides: Guides on the top, bottom, left, and right sides of a page that are used to define its margins. Most contents of a page are within the margin guides.) are displayed as the dotted blue lines inside the sheet dimension lines.
Top of Page