Pick a template
- Start Publisher, click Built-in > Greeting Cards.
- Scroll through the predesigned greeting card publications. When you find one that you like, click it to see a larger image preview.
- Under Customize and Options, you can modify many design elements before you open the publication:
- Under Customize, click the color scheme and font scheme that you want.
- Under Customize, click the business information set that you want, or create a new one.
- Under Options, select the page size that you want, such as Half-page side fold or Quarter-page top fold.
- Click Create.
If you don't see a design that you like, you can search for additional greeting card templates on Office.com by returning to the New page and entering greeting card in the Search online templates search box and pressing ENTER.
Personalize your card
Make global design changes
You might want to make changes that affect the entire publication. For example, you might want to try other color or font schemes. You can make such changes at any time, but it is best to do it before you insert the text and pictures.
Do either of the following:
- To try a different color scheme, on the Page Design tab, click the color scheme that you want. If you hover over the color schemes you’ll immediately see how your greeting card will look if you choose the color scheme.
- To try a different font scheme, on the Page Design tab, click Fonts, and then choose the font scheme that you want.
Top of Page
Work with the pictures
For more information about working with pictures, see Tips for working with images.
Replace the placeholder pictures with your own pictures
- Right-click the placeholder picture, click Change Picture > Change Picture.
- In the Insert Picture dialog, either click Browse to find pictures on your own computer or on your local network, or search for pictures on Office.com or from Bing.
- Repeat, as needed, for other pictures in your publication.
Add a new picture
- On the Insert tab, click either Pictures on my PC or Online Pictures.
- Browse you own computer, or search Office.com or Bing for images, and click Insert.
Top of Page
Work with the text
Replace the placeholder text with your own message
- Select the placeholder text, and then type your own message.
Add new text
- On the Insert tab, click Draw Text Box.
- In your card, point to where you want one corner of the text to appear, and then click and drag diagonally until you have a box that is the size that you want. Click inside the box and type your text.
Replace the placeholder text with a verse
- In the Page Design tab click Options.
- Under Category, click the message category that you want. Under Available messages, click the message that you want, preview the two parts of the message on the right, and then click OK.