A font scheme is a defined set of fonts that is associated with a publication. Within each font scheme, both a primary font and a secondary font are specified. Generally, a primary font is used for titles and headings, and a secondary font is used for body text.
Font schemes make it easy to change all the fonts in a publication to give it a consistent, professional appearance. When you apply a font scheme, Publisher changes the styles in your publication to use one of the two fonts in the font scheme instead of the default fonts for those styles.
What do you want to do?
Create a font scheme
You can create a completely new font scheme, or you can base a new font scheme on another font scheme.
Create a new font scheme
- In the Format Publications task pane, in Font Schemes, click Create new font scheme.
- Select a heading font and a body font, and preview them in the Sample box.
Note When you have enabled more than one language type (Latin, East Asian, and Complex Script), you can specify alternate pairs of fonts for each language type.
- Type a name for your new font scheme.
Top of Page
Change a font scheme
You can change font schemes in several ways. You can delete or change the name of a font scheme that you created, but you cannot change, delete, or rename a default font scheme.
To change a font scheme, change the styles in your publication and then apply the styles to the font scheme.
Rename a font scheme that you created
- In the Format Publications task pane, in Font Schemes, click the arrow next to the font scheme that you created, and then click Rename Scheme.
- In the Rename Font Scheme dialog box, type the new name for your font scheme.
Delete a font scheme that you created
- In the Font Schemes task pane, click the arrow next to the font scheme that you created, and then click Delete Scheme.
Change a font scheme that you created
You can make changes to font schemes that you created, but these changes apply only to new publications that use these font schemes.
- On the Format menu, click Styles.
- In the Styles task pane, make changes to any styles that you want, and then click Font Schemes.
For example, if you want to change the font of a heading, click some text that uses the heading style that you want to change. In the Styles and Formatting task pane, click the arrow to the right of the style name that is selected, click Modify, click Font, and then select a different font.
- In the Format Publications task pane, in Font Schemes, click the arrow next to the font scheme that you want to change, and then click Update Scheme from Publication Styles.
Top of Page