- On the Tools menu, point to Mailings and Catalogs, and then click Create Address List.
- Before you begin typing information for your list, you can add, remove, or rename fields to the list that appears in the New Address List dialog box.
- In the New Address List dialog box, click Customize Columns. In the Customize Address List dialog box, do any of the following:
Repeat these steps until you finish revising the list of field names, and then click OK.
- To add a field, click Add. In the Add Field dialog box, type a name for your new field, and then click OK.
- To remove a field, under Field Names select a field name, and then click Delete.
- To rename a field name, under Field Names select a field name, and then click Rename. In the Rename Field dialog box, type a new name in the To: box, and then click OK.
- In the New Address List dialog box, type the information for the first entry in the relevant fields (Title, First Name, Last Name, and so on).
- When you finish entering information for the first entry, click New Entry.
- Repeat step 3 and step 4 until you have finished adding entries.
- Click OK.
- In the Save Address List dialog box, type a name for your address list in the File name box.
By default, the address list is saved in the My Data Sources folder. It is best to keep the address list here because this is the default folder in which Microsoft Publisher looks for data sources (data source: A file that contains information that can be merged into a publication. For example, a list of names and addresses, or paths to pictures you want to use in a mail or catalog merge. You must connect to a data source to perform a merge.).
- Click Save.