Did you know that you can create a multiple monthly calendar in Publisher and print it on one page? First, set the number of grid guides to align the monthly calendars. Next, insert the calendars from the Design Gallery in the grid. Then, update each monthly calendar with the correct month and dates using the Calendar Wizard. This article describes the steps to create a four-month calendar on one page.
For this procedure, you must have Snap to Grid on the Tools menu selected, and Show Boundaries and Guides on the View menu turned on.
To create a layout grid
- In the Microsoft Publisher Catalog, click the Blank Publications tab.
- Double-click Full Page.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup to select the paper size and orientation you want.
- On the Arrange menu, click Layout Guides.
- Under Grid Guides, type 2 in Columns and in Rows.
To insert monthly calendars in the grid
- On the Insert menu, click Design Gallery Object.
- Under Categories, click Calendars.
- In the Calendars pane, double-click the calendar you want to use.
- Position the mouse over the calendar until the Mover appears, and then drag the calendar until one corner snaps to a blue guide in a corner of the grid.
- Select the monthly calendar, move your mouse until the Resizer appears, and then resize the calendar to fit in the box.
- Right-click the monthly calendar, then click Copy.
- Right-click Paste.
- Move the new calendar until it snaps to the grid.
Repeat steps 7 and 8 until a monthly calendar is in each box.
To update the month and dates in each calendar
- Click a monthly calendar in your publication, and then click the wizard button at the bottom of the calendar.
- In the Calendar Creation Wizard, click Dates, and then click Change Dates.
- In Start Date, select the month and the year.
Repeat steps 1 through 3 for each monthly calendar.
For More Information
Publisher 2000 includes information on using layout guides and the Design Gallery. Click Microsoft Publisher Help on the Help menu, and then type layout guides or design gallery in the Office Assistant or on the Answer Wizard tab.