The Design Checker task pane will list all of the design problems that are detected in your publication, such as design elements that are partially off the page, overflow (overflow: Text that does not fit within a text box. The text is hidden until it can be flowed into a new text box, or until the text box it overflows is resized to include it.) text in a story (story: Text that's contained within a single text box or a chain of linked text boxes.), or a picture that is scaled disproportionately. In some cases, you will have the option of choosing an automatic fix for these problems. In other cases, you will have to fix the problem manually.
- On the Tools menu, click Design Checker.
- In the Design Checker task pane, under Select an item to fix, click the arrow next to the item you want to fix, and then do one of the following:
- Click Go to this Item to go to the page where the problem item is located. You can then correct the problem by making any necessary changes.
- Click the option that describes how to automatically fix the problem.
Note The automatic fix will vary depending on the problem. In some cases, no automatic fix is available.
- Click Never Run this Check Again to disable the check. This affects all instances of the problem. Before you click this option, make sure this is something you do not want to check for anywhere else in your publication.
- Click Explain to open a Help topic that explains the problem and offers suggestions about how to fix it.