These three text boxes demonstrate how much freedom you have to customize the appearance of text and text boxes.
If you want to customize the look of a publication, there are all kinds of things you can do to change the appearance of text and the text box that contains it.
For example, to change the appearance of a text selection, on the Format menu, you can click:
- Font to change the font, font size, font color, or style.
- Paragraph to change the alignment, indentation, line spacing, and line and paragraph breaks.
- Bullets and Numbering to add or change the style of bullets and numbers.
And to change the appearance of a text box, you can use the Text Box command (on the Format menu) to:
- Add a border around the text box.
- Change the background or border color.
- Rotate the text box.
- Change the margin between the text and text box boundary.
Tip If you base your publication on one of Publisher's pre-designed ones, you don't have to worry about formatting individual text boxes unless you want to create a special effect.