Do you create several publications for the same business? Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 makes it easy to start a new publication and reuse the information from the publication that you were just working on.
Important If you click Change Template in the Format Publication task pane and change the publication type, the publication that you were working on is closed and is not saved. Be sure to save the publication that you are currently working on before you click Change Template. Or you can click Cancel to go back to your previous publication.
If you open a new publication by clicking New on the File menu, the publication that you were previously working on remains open on your desktop.
Use the Format Publication task pane to change publication types
When you open a new type of publication by clicking Change Template in the Format Publication task pane, the publication that you were working on closes — but the business information, such as the business name, phone number, address, and so on, is automatically inserted in the appropriate places in the new publication.
When you change to a new publication, any content that you added to your current publication is put into the Extra Content task pane. Placeholder content that is part of the design template is not put into the Extra Content task pane.
Change the publication type
- In the Format Publication task pane, under Publication type Options, click Change Template.
For example, if you are currently creating a business card, click Change Template in the Business Card Options task pane.
- In the Change Template dialog box, click a publication type, for example, Brochures.
If you want to search for templates, type a word or phrase — for example, birthday — in the Search for templates box, and then click the green Search button to search for templates that are on your computer or on the Microsoft Office Online Web site.
- Click the design that you want.
- Choose any other options that you want, such as a color scheme or a different business information set, and then click OK.
- If you have content in the Extra Content task pane, do one of the following:
- Empty the Extra Content task pane.
- Insert the extra content from the task pane into your publication.
- Move the extra content to the Content Library.
- Delete the content in the Extra Content task pane.
- Click OK in the message box to delete the extra content.
Note If you collapsed the sections in the Format Publication task pane and don't see the Change Template button, click Publication Type Options, where Publication type is the type of publication that you are currently working on (for example, Brochure Options).
Top of Page