If you are looking for information about bookmarks, you might be interested in either:
This article describes how to create bookmarks for books. Find links to more information about how to create hyperlinks to bookmarks in the See also section.
What do you want to do?
Use a template
Publisher does not include any publication designs that are intended exclusively for use as bookmarks. However, you can easily adapt an existing publication design for use as bookmarks.
Publications that are set up to print multiple copies per page, such as postcards, business cards, or gift certificates, can be customized for use as bookmarks. You can also create bookmarks from scratch.
Create a bookmark from scratch
This procedure creates a sheet of bookmarks that are printed four per page on 8.5-by-11-inch paper, with room for trimming.
- In the Publication Types list, click Blank Page Sizes.
- Under Standard, click Create custom page size.
- In the Custom Page Size dialog box, type 2" in the Width box, and then type 7.5" in the Height box.
- In the Name box, enter a name for the new custom page size.
- Click OK to close the Custom Page Size dialog box, and then click Create to create the bookmark.
Customize your bookmark publication by adding any pictures, graphics, or text that you want. You can also customize by selecting color schemes or font schemes. For more information about any these tasks, search Publisher Help.
If you want to print content on the back of your bookmark, create a two-sided bookmark by adding a new page to your publication. On the Insert menu, click Page.
- To print your bookmark publication, click Print on the File menu, and then select the options that you want.
- In the Print dialog box, under Printing options, select Multiple copies per sheet, and then click Print
- Under More print options, adjust the value in the Side margin box until you can see four bookmarks on the page under Preview.
- If you are printing two-sided bookmarks on a duplex printer, you may need to change the options in the Print dialog box to choose how you want your publication to be printed on both sides. The available options in the Print dialog box vary, depending on what kind of printer you are using. If the Two-sided, flip on short edge option is available, select it to ensure that the content on each side of your bookmark is printed in the same direction. You may need to print a test sheet to determine what settings work best.
- If you are printing two-sided bookmarks to a nonduplex printer, you need to print the first side of your bookmark publication first and then flip the sheets, reinsert them into your printer feed tray, and then print the second side. Print a test sheet first to determine which direction you need to flip the paper before you print the second side.
- Print your bookmarks on heavy paper or card stock so that they are durable.
Top of Page