Horizontal alignment determines how the left and right edges of a paragraph fit between the left and right margins of a text box, while vertical alignment determines the placement of the text within the text box vertically.
Align text horizontally
- Select the paragraphs for which you want to change the horizontal alignment.
- On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Indents and Spacing tab.
- Under General, in the Alignment list, click the alignment you want.
Align text vertically
- Right-click the text box for which you want to set vertical alignment.
- On the shortcut menu, click Format Text Box.
- In the Format Text Box dialog box, click the Text Box tab.
- In the Vertical alignment box, select Top, Middle, or Bottom.