To change the spacing between all text characters, you need to adjust tracking. Tracking is available only if you are working on a print publication.
- Select the paragraphs you want to change.
- On the Format menu, click Character Spacing.
- Under Tracking, do one of the following:
- To adjust tracking automatically, click one of the preset spacing options.
- To adjust tracking manually, click Custom, and then enter a percentage between 0.1% and 600% in the By this amount box.
Change the point size at which automatic kerning begins