When you add or delete pages, you'll need to be working on the foreground of your publication. If you're not, remove the check mark next to Master Page (View menu) before using the following procedures.
Add a page
- In your open publication, turn to the page that will either come before or after the pages you want to add.
- On the Insert menu, click Page.
- In the Insert Page dialog box, select the options you want, and then click OK.
Note If you're in two-page spread view, it's best to add pages in multiples of four.
Add a duplicate page
Delete a page
When you delete a page, only text and objects specific to that page are deleted along with the page. For example, if the page contains text from a chain of connected frames (frame: A space, shown onscreen as a box, that contains a particular element of your publication. Types of frames include text boxes, table frames, and picture frames.), the text will simply move to an adjacent page.
- In your open publication, turn to the page you want to delete.
- On the Edit menu, click Delete Page.
If you're in two-page spread view, the Delete Page dialog box will appear. Select the option you want, and then click OK.
Note If you're in two-page spread view, it's best to delete pages in multiples of four.
Delete the contents of a page without deleting the page itself
- Select either the objects or the text, or both, that you want to remove, and then press DELETE.