On a master page, create and format a WordArt object so that it's partially transparent. The watermark will appear on every page to which that master page is applied.
- On the View menu, click Master Page.
- In the Edit Master Pages task pane, point to the name of the master page that you want to add the watermark, click the arrow, and then click Edit.
- On the Objects toolbar, click Insert WordArt .
- Select the WordArt you want, and then click OK.
- Type and format the text you want, and then click OK.
- On the WordArt toolbar, click Format WordArt .
- On the Colors and Lines tab, select the colors you want, increase the transparency setting to at least 70%, and then click OK.
- To return to a publication page, click Close Master View on the Edit Master Pages toolbar.