SQL Server Analysis Services is required in order to use the Portfolio Analyzer feature of Project Server 2003. When Analysis Services is installed on a different computer than the computer on which Project Server 2003 is installed, the Decision Support Objects (DSO) component of Analysis Services must be installed on the computer running Project Server 2003.
If you install the Project Server 2003 View Processing service on a different computer than the computer on which the Project Server 2003 Front-End service is installed, you must install DSO on both computers.
Note You must also install SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services Service Pack 3 (SP3) on the computers on which you install the DSO component of Analysis Services. For more information about SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services SP3, see Service Packs for Project Server Components in the Microsoft Office Project Server 2003 Installation Guide.
To install the Analysis Services Decision Support Objects
- On the computer on which you will install Project Server 2003, insert the SQL Server 2000 CD into the CD-ROM drive, or connect to a network installation point.
- If you are installing from the SQL Server 2000 CD with AutoPlay enabled, click SQL Server 2000 Components in the SQL Server 2000 Setup program. Otherwise, on the SQL Server CD (or network installation point), browse for and run the file named Autorun.exe.
- On the Install Components page, click Install Analysis Services .
- Read and accept the End-User License Agreement.
- In the Analysis Services Setup program, on the Select Components page, clear all the components except Decision Support Objects and Client components, and then follow the wizard to install DSO.
- Install SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services Service Pack 3 (SP3).
Note Installing DSO separately from Analysis Services does not require an additional license. For more information, see SQL Server Books Online and your licensing information.