As you work on your tasks, you may find it helpful to report status together with the time you have spent on the task. For example, you might want to let the project manager know what percentage of the task is complete or give your best guess about how much work is left.
Depending on how your site administrator has configured Project Web App for your organization, you can use a single view to report your task status together with your timesheet hours (actual work), or you can report task status separately from your actual work.
To report the status of your tasks:
- Do one of the following:
- To enter your task status separately from your timesheet, on the Quick Launch, click Tasks.
- If your organization captures time and task status by using the same view, on the Quick Launch, click Timesheet.
Note The site administrator sets up whether your organization captures time and task status using a single view or separate views.
- Enter the progress that you have made on your tasks.
- To include a comment when you submit your task status, on the Tasks tab or the Options tab, in the Show/Hide group, select the Comment on Submit check box.
- Choose how to submit your task status updates:
- Submit all tasks On the Tasks tab or the Timesheet tab, in the Submit group, click the arrow on the Send Status or Send button, and then click All Tasks or Send Progress for All Tasks to submit all task status updates for approval.
- Submit selected tasks If your organization enables you to submit only selected task status updates for approval, click the check box to the left of each task status update that you want to submit, and then, on the Tasks tab or the Timesheet tab, in the Submit group, click the arrow on the Send Status or Send button, and then click Selected Tasks or Send Progress for Selected Tasks.
- If you chose to include a comment, type the comment in the box that appears, and then click OK to submit your updates.