In Microsoft Project Web App, an enterprise project type (EPT) represents a wrapper that encapsulates phases, stages, a single workflow, and Project Detail Pages (PDPs). Each EPT represents a single project type. Normally, project types are aligned with individual departments: for example, marketing projects, IT projects, or HR projects. Using project types helps categorize projects within the same organization that have a similar project life cycle. For a user, the EPTs appear in a drop-down list of project types when the user clicks New Project on the ribbon in Project Web App.
To create a new enterprise project type:
- On the PWA home page, click Server Settings.
- On the Server Settings page, in the Workflow and Project Detail Pages section, click Enterprise Project Types.
- Click New Enterprise Project Type. In the Name box, enter a name for the type, and then provide a brief description in the Description box.
- Select a workflow from the Site Workflow Association list. Once you associate a site workflow with a project type and save the type, you cannot go back and update the type to use a different workflow.
Note If you are not seeing any workflows in this list, be sure that your server administrator has installed and configured workflows on the Microsoft Project Server 2010 computer. The Project Server 2010 workflow platform is built on the SharePoint workflow platform, which, in turn, is built on the Windows workflow platform.
- Select a project detail page from the New Project Page list.
- If you selected No Workflow from the Site Workflow Association list, select the project detail pages that you want to include in this project type from the Available Project Detail Pages box, and then click Add to move them to the box on the right.
- If the enterprise project type that you are creating is the one that all new projects should use by default, select the Use this as the default Enterprise Project Type during Project Creation check box.
- Click the button next to the Departments field to select the departments that you want to associate with this project type, if it is appropriate.
- If you want to associate an image with this project type, provide the URL for the image in the Type the URL box.
- In the Order section, choose whether you want this project type to appear at the end of the list of project types, or if you want to control its placement in the list.
- To include this type at the end of the list, select the Position this type at the end check box.
- To control the placement of this type in the list, clear the Position this type at the end check box, and then choose the type that you want to appear just before the type that you are creating from the Choose the type before which the current type should be positioned list.
- Select a template from the Project Plan Template list, if it is appropriate.
- Select a template from the Project Site Template list, if it is appropriate.
- Click Save to save this enterprise project type to the server, thus making it available for new project or proposal creation.
Top of Page