If you are currently assigned (assignment: A specific resource that is assigned to a particular task.) to a task (task: An activity that has a beginning and an end. Project plans are made up of tasks.) that should be assigned to another team member, you can reassign that task in Microsoft Office Project Web Access. The task reassignment does not need to be approved by the project manager before it is available to be added to the team member's timesheet (timesheet: In Project Web Access, the timesheet is a page where resources can record their progress on tasks and send updates to the project manager.) and task status.
Note Depending on your organization's settings, task reassignment may not be available for your project in Office Project Web Access. If you need to reassign a task but you do not see any options to do so on the My Work page, contact your project manager.
- On the Quick Launch, under My Work, click Task Center.
- Point to the task that you are reassigning, click the arrow that appears, and then click Reassign Task.
Tip To reassign multiple tasks, select the check box next to each task that you are reassigning, and then click Reassign Work.
- In the Select New Resource(s) grid, click Select Resource in the Reassign To column, and then select a resource from the list. This list contains all resources that are currently allocated to the project.
Note If you are a team leader, you can reassign the task to the entire team of resources, sharing the work equally. If you are not a team leader, tasks can be reassigned to only one resource. If you need to reassign the task to multiple resources and you are not the team leader, contact your project manager.
- In the Start box, type the start date for the reassignment, or select the start date by using the calendar.
- If you have comments about the reassignment that you want to submit to the project manager, enter this information in the Comments box.
- Click Submit to add the reassignment to your task status.
- On the Task Center page, select the check box in the left column for the task that you are reassigning.
- Click Submit Selected to submit the reassignment to your project manager. The reassignment does not need to be approved by the project manager before it is available to be added to the team member's timesheet and task status.
Note When a task is fully reassigned to another resource, and the reassignment is approved, all remaining work on the task is assigned to the new resource. If actuals have been reported on the task prior to the reassignment, the original resource will remain assigned to the task with an end date that corresponds with the new resource's assignment start date. If no actuals have been reported on the task, the entire task is reassigned to the new resource, and the original resource assignment is removed.
Why can't I perform some actions in Project Web Access?
Depending on the permissions settings you used to log on to Project Web Access, you may not be able to see or use certain features. Also, what you see on some pages may differ from what is documented if your server administrator customized Project Web Access and did not customize the Help to match.
Top of Page