After you have shared your Project Web App site with a user, you can add that user as a resource. Resources are the people, materials, or costs that are required to get your project done.
To add a resource to the resource pool in Project Web App:
- Click Resources on the Quick Launch.
- Click Resources > New.
- Choose a Type for the new resource:
- Work resources are the people who complete the tasks in your project.
- Material resources are the tools you need to get your project done. These may include things like vehicles, computers, or conference rooms.
- Cost resources are fees associated with your project. These may be things like lodging or airfare.
- Select the Budget check box if you are adding a resource that will help you track your project budget.
- Select the Generic check box if you are adding a resource that will represent an overall resource category, such as Developer or Contractor.
- In the Identification Information section, select the Resource can logon to Project Web App check box if you want the resource to be able to log on and submit a timesheet, enter task progress, or view your project in Project Web App. This is typically only applicable for Work resources.
- Do one of the following:
- If you selected the Resource can logon to Project Web App check box, in the User Authentication section, type the resource’s name or email address in the User logon account box.
- If you did not select the Resource can logon to Project Web App check box, type a Display Name for the resource, and then enter an Email Address, RBS identifier, and Initials, if appropriate.
- Choose the appropriate Assignment Attributes for the resource.
- Choose a Resource Department, if appropriate.
- In the Group Fields section, enter a Group, Code, Cost Center, and Cost Type, if appropriate.
- In the Team Details section, if your organization uses teams in Project Web App, choose the options that make the most sense for this resource.
- Click Save.
More about Assignment Attributes
Each resource can have several different details, set under Assignment Attributes:
- Resource can be leveled Select this check box to allow the resource’s hours to be spread evenly throughout a project.
- Base Calendar Choose the calendar that most accurately represents this resource’s schedule.
- Default Booking Type Choose whether you want the resource to be Committed to a project when he or she is assigned to a task, or Proposed as a resource to be assigned to a task.
- Timesheet Manager Choose the person who will approve this resource’s timesheet.
- Default Assignment Owner Choose the person who will manage this resource’s assignments.
- Earliest Available Enter the earliest date when this resource can be assigned to tasks.
- Latest Available Enter the latest date when this resource can work on tasks.
- Standard Rate Enter the standard pay rate for this resource.
- Overtime Rate Enter the resource’s overtime pay rate.
- Current Max. Units (%) Enter the maximum percentage of the resource’s time that is available to work on projects. For example, a resource may only work 20 hours each week. If this is the case, enter 50% as the resource’s Current Max. Units (%).
- Cost/Use If this resource has a cost associated with each assignment, enter it in this box. For example, if you are adding a van as a resource, there may be a fixed rental fee associated with that van that is paid each time the van is used.