You can view a graph of a selected resource's availability (availability: Indicates when and how much of a resource's time can be scheduled for assigned work. Availability is determined by project and resource calendars, resource start and finish dates, or the level at which the resource is available for work.) to find overallocated (overallocation: The result of assigning more tasks to a resource than the resource can accomplish in the working time available.) or underallocated (underallocation: Assigning a resource to work fewer hours than the resource has available.) resources within a project or across projects.
- On the View menu, click Gantt Chart.
- If you want to review assignment work information on a particular task, select that task.
- Click Assign Resources .
- Select the resource(s) whose availability you want to view, and then click Graphs. If you select multiple resources, you can compare and contrast their availability information in the graphs.
- In the Select graph box, select one of the following:
- Click Remaining Availability to see the amount of working time the resource has free to be assigned additional work.
- Click Work to see the amount of work to which the resource is currently assigned.
- Click Assignment Work to see the total workload for the resources assigned to the selected task and the total availability of the selected resources.
You can also see your graph in Microsoft Office Project Web Access 2003. This is especially useful if you don't have Microsoft Office Project 2003 on your computer, or if you want to look at greater detail, such as resource availability broken out by project.