By default, Microsoft Office Project 2003 updates linked objects (object: In OLE, shared information, such as a chart, among different documents and different programs. The program used to create the object and the object type determines the programs that can be used to edit the object, as well as how it can be edited.) automatically. You can change this setting to control such updates manually.
- On the Edit menu, click Links.
- Select the link for which you want to control updates from the source program.
- Select an update option:
- To update the linked information automatically whenever changes are made to the source document, click Automatic.
- To suspend updates from the source document, click Manual.
- To update the linked information now, click Update Now.
Note These commands are not available for linked objects contained in a task, resource, or assignment note.